Just a reminder that the presence of the New Years holiday on Wednesday is going to disrupt some of the regular patterns for releases. The particular ones to be aware of:
- January 3 is not Employment Friday. The Employment Situation for December will be released at 8:30 ET on Friday, January 10.
- The ISM Manufacturing Index for December will be released on the second business day of the month on Friday, January 3 at 10:00 ET. Also, the ISM Non-Manufacturing Index for December will be released on Tuesday, January 7 at 10:00 ET which is the fourth business day of the month, not the usual third business day.
- The minutes of the December 10-11 FOMC meeting will be released on Friday, January 3 at 14:00 ET, not on Thursday. The usual calendar applies for the normal Thursday and Friday reports.
- The data on sales of motor vehicles in December will be released on Friday, January 3. December car and truck sales data usually includes the numbers for New Years day in order to boost year-end sales numbers by automakers.
- Data on initial jobless claims in the week ended December 28 will not be delayed and will be reported at 8:30 ET on Thursday, January 2. However, it is likely that a numbers of states will have estimates for new filings.
Disclaimer: Whetstone Analysis provides commentary as a service to its subscribers. Whetstone Analysis is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated and every effort is made to ensure its accuracy, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date. Click here to read our full Disclaimer.